Enerpeixe’s environmental protection and occupational health and safety measures at Peixe Angical HPP have earned the company the following certifications:
- ABNT NBR ISO 9001 - Quality Management System
- ABNT NBR ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System
- OHSAS 18001 - Occupational Health and Safety System
- Sustainable Energy Gold Certificate - Instituto Acende Brasil/PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
The ISO 9001 certification testifies that all Enerpeixe processes (in Tocantins and São Paulo) comply with overall quality requirements. The other certifications (OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001) paved the way for the ISO 9001 certificate.
The purpose of the ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications is to create and integrate procedures within Enerpeixe and the companies owned by the shareholders. These standards regulate the handling of certain waste so as not to pollute the environment, as well as the use of technical equipment and the precautions to be taken in order to ensure occupational health and safety.
With the implementation of the NBR ISO 9001:2008, NBR ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 international standards, Enerpeixe seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- To ensure compliance with legal requirements and reduce the risk of environmental and labor liabilities.
- To ensure compliance with legal and Occupational Health and Safety requirements, taking into account the mitigation of risks and hazards.
- To ensure the fulfillment of customer needs.
- Commitment to quality requirements and the improvement of the management system’s efficiency.
- To provide a framework for the establishment and critical analysis of quality goals.
- To provide workers with a healthy environment.
- To continuously seek the improvement of the Quality Management System.
- To provide shareholders with satisfactory returns.
- To standardize the company’s practices and concepts.
- To increase operational efficiency by incorporating the best environmental and occupational health and safety practices.
- To demonstrate the company’s commitment to the continuous improvement of environmental and occupational health and safety processes, thereby improving its public image.
- To ensure that Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Policies are available to all ENERPEIXE employees.
- To ensure the company’s commitment to Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Policies, with the goal of minimizing both the emission of pollutants into the environment and occupational hazards and diseases.
- To improve the company’s OHS performance.